Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Moist Coffee Cake...YUM!

This is one of my favorite things that my mom taught me to make.  It is one of those comfort foods that I get so excited to mix up.  I have to force myself to only make it every once in a while or I'd end up eating the whole pan every time!  You have to drink a glass of cold milk with it and make sure and eat a peice right out of the oven...Mmmmm

Here's my recipe card straight from my recipe box.




In case you can't read it...

Cake:
3 C. Flour
1 C. Sugar
3 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
3/4 C. Shortening
1 1/2 C. Milk
3 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla

Topping:
1/3 C. Flour
1/3 C. Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbs. Butter (softened)

Here's what you'll need.



First, you will add all the dry ingredients together for the cake. Mix with spoon.



Next, add shortening, milk, eggs and vanilla.


Mix with electric beater til all clumps are out.


In small bowl, add all dry ingredients for the Topping. Mix then Add softened butter and crumble together with a fork.





Greece pan and pour in cake batter. Sprinkle the Topping on batter.


Put in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I usually have to put mine in a little longer.  You'll know it's done when the top starts cracking. 

It should look like this when it's done!



Pour yourself some milk and serve it up!  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment