Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Off the Path...

It is just my personality to not want to stick to a certain routine or schedule.  And to be honest, I'm battling myself about my little blog schedule I've set up.  Sometimes I want to write about decorating on a monday...or baking cupcakes on a Friday!  So I've decided to stick with the topics, but try leaving the "when" up to however I feel...we'll see how that goes!  

Today I feel like writing about color palettes because we got the house!  We should be able to move in Next Friday.  I can't even wait!  I wish I had pictures of the inside of the house to show you, but I don't yet.  Soon.  It is such a good mixture of what we both wanted.  I think we both had to give in on a few things, but we are so thankful and happy for what we have.  We went to Wal-Mart a few nights ago and picked out a bunch of paint swatches. Here's what I have so far.







Here are some photos I've gotten my inspiration from so far.  I'm sure I'll change my mind a million times, but it's a start!






I'm really liking that soft, pale robins egg blue.  It seems so soothing.  And the monotone color scheme seems so fun for some pops of color elsewhere.
What do you think?  Any suggestions? 

Hope you're enjoying this weather!



designersguild.com, flicker.com, houzz.com, weheartit.com, uktv.co.uk, countryliving.com

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you got the house Kendra!!
    Love your color schemes. Can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys! We're so excited, it doesn't seem real yet!

    ReplyDelete