Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines

It was a good day yesterday.

I know it can be a really annoying day...but I guess we can either hate it or use it to make people we love feel a little extra special.  

We had a fun night last night...not because we HAD to do anything special...but just because we could.  We fixed a really fun dinner and rented a redbox.  It wasn't too different from any other date night for us, but it's always special.  Justin got me some really sweet flowers.  I love having fresh flowers in the house...they really cheer up the place.

I made Justin a really cheesy gift.  We have the game Settlers.  I don't know if any of you know what it is...but we are kinda nerds about it=)  I made him little "satchels" for the little game pieces.  I know...real nerds here.  He loved it though=)  We were laughing about it. Here's the wrapping.


P.S. These little bags are really fun to make.  Not hard at all.  They're great for little gifts like this. Just grab some burlap and some scrap fabric=)






I wish I had taken a pic of the meal because I wanted to share the recipe.  It was so tasty.  I love having fresh flowers in the house...they really cheer up the place.

We made Chicken, pasta, asparagus and a veggie alfredo sauce.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Here's how to make the sauce if you want:

In saucepan, saute fresh garlic, onions, mushrooms and fresh thyme in butter.

Next, cut up some tomatoes and add them to the pan.  Add some freshly cooked bacon.

Yum...getting healthier...

Once everything is cooked, sprinkle everything with parmesan cheese. Stir.

Add some heavy whipping cream or half and half.  Pour in milk until it looks like the right consistency.

I'm telling you...it is so yummy!  OH and add a little salt to taste.

I know these are really vague directions, but you really can't go too wrong with all those fresh yummy veggies and herbs.

To serve, just pour sauce over the chicken and noodles!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My Momma gave me the sweetest gift yesterday too. It was completely unexpected.  I love surprises=)





How fun are these simple little things.  A squirt bottle for the little cactus...and the plants she got me for my birthday.  I tend to forget to water things...but since this little guy, I've watered every day ( all two of them)  I love the Orla Kiely notebooks. They are so cute.  And you can never get enough caramel filled chocolates.

I love all of it.

Hope you all found someone to bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment