Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Craft Pegboard: Stage 1

I've been wanting to make a craft pegboard for a while now to go in my sewing room.  I've been wanting one above my sewing desk to neatly store my scissors, thread, tags, notions, etc.  I bought the supplies for it the other day and started making it today after church...with the help of Justin.  It didn't take long at all!  I'm so excited about REALLY getting organized and getting rid of some of the clutter that is always on my desk!  I hope this helps.

Supplies:




Here are the simple steps:

1.  Have them cut the pegboard at lowes before you bring it home. They are pretty good about cutting a big piece down to the size you need.  ( Mine is 3 ft. X 4 ft. )

2.  Buy some cheap boards to build a frame behind your pegboard so there is enough space for the metal hardware to stick through.

3.  Once you get it home, lay the pegboard on the floor and measure your widths for the frame. Cut.

4.  Once you have your pieces cut, spread on the wood glue and place on pegboard.

5. Place books on boards to hold down the wood glue for a couple of hours.




I also have a few little cork boards I think Im going to hang next to it for all my fabric swatches and ink combo ideas.  I'm super excited!

I'll fill you in on the progress when I get it done!  I ordered some hardware for it today...some simple hooks and a couple small metal baskets.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE you blog friend!!! I love the $6, tom's too! Thanks for sharing!! Miss your beautiful face!!

    ReplyDelete